Offline Storage Table (OST) is a type of offline folder file. This file is used by the exchange server to keep a copy of the exchange mailbox on the local workstation. You can use the OST to access previously downloaded emails, contacts, calendars, and other items in offline mode. You may also generate new emails, meetings, and other documents without access to the internet. All updates will immediately sync with the Exchange server whenever internet connectivity is available. The OST file is useful, but it is a delicate file that can become inaccessible or corrupted at any time. In this blog, we will describe how do we repairing offline data files easily with OST repair tool for the best recovery process.
Method 1: Use an OST Repair Tool to Repairing Offline Data File
Scanpst.exe will be used in this case. The Outlook Inbox Repair Tool is another name for it. Scanpst.exe is a trustworthy program that can handle both OST and PST files. You can use this application to repair OST and PST files that have been damaged or corrupted. MS Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 support this feature.
Create a Backup Before using the Inbox Repair Tool.
Close MS Outlook and navigate to one of the locations listed below.
C: Program Files (x86) Outlook 2019
OfficerootOffice16 (Microsoft Office)
C: Program Files (x86) Outlook 2016
root Microsoft Office
C: Program Files (x86) Outlook 2013
Office15 (Microsoft Office)
C: Program Files (x86) Outlook 2010
Office14 is a Microsoft product.
C: Program Files (x86) Outlook 2007
Office12 (Microsoft Office)
- Scanpst.exe should now be open.
- Choose the browse option.
- Select the Outlook data file that needs to be repaired and press the Start button.
- Before correcting the checkbox, make a backup of the scanned file.
- Select the Repair option.
You might notice the Recovered Personal Folders or Lost and Found folder after the process is completed. So, Your missing folders and objects are stored in these folders. You can drag and drop chosen objects to the original folder structure to place them in the original folder structure.
Method 2: Delete the OST file and recreate it.
This method will be very useful for you if you are using MS Exchange and are connected to the MS Exchange server.
- Firstly, Ensure that the email application is closed.
- Secondly, Activate the Control Panel
- Thirdly, User Accounts to Choose From
- Select Mail from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Show Profiles option in the Mail Setup screen.
- Select Outlook from the drop-down menu and click the Properties button.
- Pick Email Accounts from the drop-down menu.
- Now, Select the Data Files tab from the account settings screen.
- Click the Open File Location button after selecting the account.
- Close the screens for Mail, Mail Setup, and Account Settings.
- Delete the OST file that is corrupted.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- MS Outlook will automatically regenerate the OST file after this procedure is completed.
This method retrieves data from the Microsoft Exchange server. It will not be able to restore Outlook items that were created in Offline mode but not synced with MS Exchange.
Method 3: Use an OST to PST Converter to repair the OST file.
We’ll be using the OST to PST Converter program in this case. However, It is one of the best programs for repairing offline data file and converting them to PST format.
- Firstly, Install the software after downloading it.
- Secondly, Select the OST file you wish to repair by clicking Add file.
- Thirdly, Click the Scan button, then the OK button to complete the scan.
- The software will generate a preview mode inside the software after the process is completed.
- Select the Export All Folders option from the Export menu.
- As an Export option, choose PST (Outlook data file) and choose a destination directory.
- To begin the converting process, click the Next button.
- After that, you can use MS Outlook to open the converted PST file.
Other useful characteristics include:
- Repair and convert Outlook Express (OST) to PST, EML, MBOX, HTML, RTF, and other file types.
- OST to Office 365 and Live Exchange server migration
- Maintain the folder hierarchy in its original state.
- Convert only what you want depending on To, From, Subject, Cc, Date range, and so on.
- For the first 20 items per folder, there is no charge for conversion or migration.
- All versions of MS Outlook and the Windows operating system are supported.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
In Outlook 2013, how do you fix an OST file?
In conclusion, You can use either manual methods or third-party tools to fix or repair offline data files. If you’re looking for a simple solution, I’d suggest OST Converter. It is one of the most widely used instruments. This software instantly restores all data from an OST file. Most importantly, The recovered data can then be converted to PST format.
Is it possible to fix an OST file without using Outlook?
Yes, you can quickly repair OST files and convert recovered data to PST format with the OST Converter program. To repair an OST file, this software does not require Microsoft Outlook.